Alabama NOW is part of The National Organization for Women (NOW), which is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Since its founding in June 1966, NOW’s goal has been to take action to bring about equality for all women.
NOW WORKS TO…
- Eliminate discrimination and harassment in the workplace, schools, the justice system, and all other sectors of society.
- Secure abortion, birth control and reproductive rights for all women.
- End all forms of violence against women.
- Eradicate racism, sexism and homophobia.
- Promote equality and justice in our society.
Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat.Com™ and commented:
Yes….just discovered this blog: “AlabamaNOW”. Check it out, a blog for National Organization for Women (NOW)